The need for metal fabrication is growing with urbanization and technological advancements. At the front of this line are Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). They are the manufacturing machine that turns out a majority of the manufacturing in the United States each year.
OEM’s require a constant supply of fabricated metals and parts, depending on the OEM industry. So a good metal fabrication company should be flexible enough to support the needs of the OEM. This includes efficient supply chain logistics, and impeccable quality to ensure the manufacturing process works in full swing!
Support for OEMs With Metal Fabrication Needs
Here are some ways in which fabrication companies support OEM’s.
- They maximize the cost-effectiveness of the fabrication process so that OEMs can meet their commercial needs within their budget.
- Efficient metal fabrication companies provide metal fabrication services, no matter the scale of the project that the OEMs have and require on a monthly basis. And these needs are often changing, so the supporting fabrication companies need to flexible in their output.
- An efficient metal fabrication company offers a skilled workforce that delivers quality items that an OEM can rely on for long periods. Quality issues can literally shut down the process, and this can be disastrous for all companies involved.
- A good fabrication company will also deliver the requested fabrication on time because they understand that time is essential in manufacturing products. If the OEM does not have the required parts on time, the manufacturing line will come to a halt.
- Fabrication companies also support Original Equipment Manufacturers in all the stages of the fabrication process, from designing, cutting, molding, assembly, and finishing. They work hand in hand right up to the delivery of the final fabricated product.
- An efficient fabrication company will also benefit an OEM by providing professional customer service that listens, guides, and advises on all metalworking projects.
- They also work with any metal for OEM fabrication needs. Common metals include aluminum, steel, stainless steel, titanium, carbon steel, copper, magnesium, kirksite, and cast iron.
- A good fabrication company will also be flexible in designing a single metal, an alloy, or a mixture of both, according to the OEM’s needs. The needs of the OEM should always come first and reflect on the final fabricated product.
- A good fabrication company will use quality materials, ensuring that the final product is durable and rust-resistant. This will require certified paperwork to verify the materials meet the highest standards in the industry.
- A fabrication company will also consider the final product use of the fabricated metal and advise on the best design patterns that will ensure maximum strength.
Where OEMs Use Metal Fabrication
OEM’s use fabricated metal in the following areas.
- Automotive manufacturing
- Aerospace industry
- HVAC Industry in the making of vents and air ducts
- Construction industry
- Many other industries involved in manufacturing original products
Are You an OEM With Metal Fabrication Needs?
If you are an OEM looking for metal fabrication services, you should consider the intended use of the final product and, of course, your budget.
You can then choose a professional metal fabrication company that will serve your manufacturing needs on time so that you can deliver your products with quality and precision.
DCS Manufacturing has been supporting OEM’s throughout the United States for more than a decade. We are privileged to serve Oviedo, Orlando, Central Florida, Winter Park, Maitland, and Daytona Beach , as well as the nearby communities. Contact us to learn more about our services today, or to request a free quote.
Click to see our services.